Author Topic: Viscous coupling  (Read 2316 times)

Offline srbija

• ЯРВист
Viscous coupling
« on: 08/04/15 »
Hi guys! My VC has died. It has been very interesting winter (still a lot of snow in my city) in Serbia this year and Yrv was great on all types of snow, even better than some more expensive cars. And suddenly yesterday 4wd wont engage. I tried to find some information on this site but google translate is not that good  :) . Can anyone tell me is it possible to repair VC by changing the fluid inside. As I sow it it is impossible to open VC without damaging it. Which type of fluid is needed and in which amount. I will appreciate any information and links from this site or another one that can help. Is anyone selling used or new one VC?
Thank you in advance.

Offline Ice D

• Почётный писатель
  • Черный СаlОrасеr
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #1 on: 08/04/15 »
Кто у нас фовэдэшник? Объясните человеку,как вискомуфту обслужить!
Богатство исчезает не с последним миллионом, а с последним вздохом !

RALLI//////ART version R
RALLI//////ART
YRV

Offline Yurz

• Почётный писатель
  • Юра, телепат-самоучка.
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #2 on: 08/04/15 »
Replace with new or working. There is nothing to maintain.

Offline Злое Пыченько

• Почётный писатель
  • Андрей
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/15 »
Replace with new or working. There is nothing to maintain.
извини Юр, не выдержал))

Offline srbija

• ЯРВист
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #4 on: 09/04/15 »
What is price range for used and for new ones? And where can it be bought? Is there a code by which it could be searched? Thanks

Offline ZM

• Почётный писатель
  • В ритме YRV в темпе Turbo
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #5 on: 09/04/15 »
34870-97401
ТУРБОБОЙ
у меня тяжёлая нога и дрожащая рука!
1.3/turbo/4wd/p39/2001г/350000 + км/выбит глушак от резонатора улица/АИ-76
Я знаю пароль, я вижу ананас, я верю, что еноты придут спасать нас! Я знаю бобров, я вижу бабуин, нельзя с амфетамином мешать кокаин!

Offline srbija

• ЯРВист
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #6 on: 30/12/15 »
Hi!

I have few things to share with you about VC. I have tried to repair it twice for now :-). First time we have driled two holes on VC cover from the differential side. This was the same as the factory. If you take a look there is two factory holes which is shut with pins. We washed it whit petrol and 96% alcohol via air compresor and ocasinaly slowly spining VC. I have faund that WAG is using 100 000 cst silicone oil. This oil is near imposible to find in Serbia. Finaly found samethind that should be 100k cst, but probable was 60k or 90k cst. Volume of oil inside is only near to 40ml3. Its very small amount its mesaured with gasoline and syringe. Oil density wasn´t so big problem for poouring this time. Final result was that VC was transmiting same power, inaf to spin the rear wheel only when the one side of car is elvated in air but nothing that have any practiacal value. After much reding we concluded that the oil was to thin for YRV visco which is smaler in diametar and whit less plates than WAG (or many other). Opel Calibra (loth of power) visco is using 300 000 cst silicon oil. I have found same in England only 60ml3 botles, but that is enough. This time holes where drild in oposite sides (oil density is much bigger) one like time before and one on oposite side throw hole for bolt on VC for linkage to kardan (shaft). Pooring oil was quite dificult, in end poored about 33ml3, maybe it shoud be poored more (few ml3 more) but in literature a small amount of air should be a buffer for presure rising that would destroy VC. Result is that a VC is much stifer now. First test show that VC is working, but not locking. I´m waithing snow to see how much helpful should it be. It´s ímportant to mention that VC wasnt leaking or been sufered any visible demage before reparing. I could make same pictures of holes and used oil but am waithing to see how it will work.

Greetings  from Serbia.

Offline Lifter

• Почётный писатель
  • Дмитрий
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #7 on: 30/12/15 »
Вот и я 100000 тестирую - посмотрим через сколько вытечет
Чернявый YRV Turbo 4WD 06.2001. PanoramaPak. Мой пепелацъ

Offline srbija

• ЯРВист
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #8 on: 30/12/15 »
By mine expirience only 300 000 cst :-)

Offline srbija

• ЯРВист
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #9 on: 04/11/16 »
HI,

can you give me some address where to buy viscous coupling? What is price range for new one? Is some one selling second hand working one?
I have same friends in Russia so they could collect it for me.

Thanks

Offline deboom

• Политотречённый
  • Писатель
  • DHT YRV 1.3t 4WD
с моих слов записано верно.мною прочитано.

Offline srbija

• ЯРВист
> Viscous coupling
« Reply #11 on: 04/11/16 »
Thanks. This was very useful.