Author Topic: All the way from South Africa  (Read 126759 times)

Offline Andrey901

• Почётный писатель
  • Был Yellow Euro Daihatsu YRV, 2003 г, 1.3 TurboR
> All the way from South Africa
« Reply #41 on: 29/12/09 »
+- ZAR900
You can tell more in detail that this such. At us such is not present. What cost? How it is established? What gives? If it is possible for a photo.

Volvarine

« Reply #42 on: 29/12/09 »
You can tell more in detail that this such. At us such is not present. What cost? How it is established? What gives? If it is possible for a photo.

Are you referring to the CO2 bottle and sprayer or the water/meth injection? These translation really comes out funny sometimes :)

Offline Andrey901

• Почётный писатель
  • Был Yellow Euro Daihatsu YRV, 2003 г, 1.3 TurboR
« Reply #43 on: 29/12/09 »
Me the extension on forward glasses interests. It after all is at You?

Offline URAN

• Почётный писатель
  • Юра
    • dzembak на DRIVE2.ru
« Reply #44 on: 29/12/09 »
Quote from: boris-blade
http://www.yrv.ru/forum/index.php/topic,1871.0.html
gt2540 is used here

Offline Drv

• Почётный писатель
« Reply #45 on: 29/12/09 »
CO2 perfectly done.

I almost sure that limit of our block is 1,5 bar (for 400mtrs WOT blast off) with support of fuel and ignition, safe-city mode is - 1.2-1.4. When driving highway, for a long distance, it is better limit - 1.0-1.2.

Definitely you need front mount cooler there in Africa :), with existing CO2 and meth. You could install it while changing your turbo, with new intake pipes (existing pipes are too small for a bigger turbo).

Launch is the same as you described (brake + throttle).

How did you measure 0-400mtrs? Do you have local drag strip? What town are you from?

Offline URAN

• Почётный писатель
  • Юра
    • dzembak на DRIVE2.ru
« Reply #46 on: 29/12/09 »
Coluld you, please, show us your "Boost cooler - 50% water/meth injection" installation?

Volvarine

« Reply #47 on: 29/12/09 »
CO2 perfectly done.

I almost sure that limit of our block is 1,5 bar (for 400mtrs WOT blast off) with support of fuel and ignition, safe-city mode is - 1.2-1.4. When driving highway, for a long distance, it is better limit - 1.0-1.2.

Definitely you need front mount cooler there in Africa :), with existing CO2 and meth. You could install it while changing your turbo, with new intake pipes (existing pipes are too small for a bigger turbo).

Launch is the same as you described (brake + throttle).

How did you measure 0-400mtrs? Do you have local drag strip? What town are you from?

Cool! With the Unichip I can setup a few maps, maybe I need to have a 1.4 bar map just for 400m drags! :) Currently I have a 1bar and 1.2bar map setup and can change it with a flick of a switch. We have a drag strip called Killarney. I stay in Cape Town

I will take pictures tonight of my Water/Meth system and post them tomorrow.

Offline GoodSpeed

• Почётный писатель
  • Yello TurboR 4wd Panarama pack Cubik Pro
« Reply #48 on: 29/12/09 »
How do you guys launch the car of the line? I got my left foot on the brake and let it rev up, only goes to 2000rpms and wait for the turbo to spool up, only goes to 0.5-0.6 bar and then let go. Do you guys do something different?

I launch from "two foot" at 3500rpm and 1,0-1,1 bar and then - FIRE!!!!! I repair my gearbox twiсe......
peak 1,45 bar
my best time 400m - 15,03 Together with reaction  8)
« Last Edit: 29/12/09 by GoodSpeed »
жОлтый тут может быть только один, и это Я!
И если машинка на аватарке тоже жОлтая, то я сегодня добрый!

Offline ROJER

• Почётный писатель
« Reply #49 on: 29/12/09 »
Ты чтоли суровая действительность?))))))))
когда коробку переберешь 2 раза сам, поймешь :D :D

p.s.: South Africa has pleased, it is pleasant to communicate with such guys!

Offline Drv

• Почётный писатель
« Reply #50 on: 29/12/09 »
Volvarine, did you changed MAP? What is the price for yrv unichip set? Where did you bought it (locally?) or e-bay?
« Last Edit: 29/12/09 by Drv »

Offline Miravod

• Почётный писатель
  • Знает все о МИРЕ
« Reply #51 on: 29/12/09 »
Hello Volvarine, i said that our forum is very Hospital :)

I think you'll take a lot of good info here.. try to use google "translate.google" to understand some of our thems and words...
 Most of Yrv' here are 2000-2003 year birth, very interesting to see new YRV ::)
 So Welcome)))

Volvarine

« Reply #52 on: 30/12/09 »
I launch from "two foot" at 3500rpm and 1,0-1,1 bar and then - FIRE!!!!! I repair my gearbox twiсe......
peak 1,45 bar
my best time 400m - 15,03 Together with reaction  8)

nice! Did you change the torque converter so that it revs up to 3500rpms when your foot is on the brake?

Volvarine

« Reply #53 on: 30/12/09 »
Volvarine, did you changed MAP? What is the price for yrv unichip set? Where did you bought it (locally?) or e-bay?

My tuner setup 2 maps a 1 bar map and a 1.2 bar map. Unichip(UniQ) ZAR2700 including installation and mapping on a dyno. I think if you just buy the chip +-ZAR1300. I bought it locally from my tuner.

I see there is 2 dealers in Russia
Total Race (Distributor)
RUSSIA Moscow +7 (985) 1059953
[email protected]
www.totalrace.ru

R2Racing
Korolev city Moscow +7 (916) 5029202
[email protected]
www.r2racing.ru
The unichip is manufactured in SA and the new version of it is called UniQ and UniQ+ and there is a list of all other country dealers on this site too
http://www.dastek.co.za/

Volvarine

« Reply #54 on: 30/12/09 »
Hello Volvarine, i said that our forum is very Hospital :)

I think you'll take a lot of good info here.. try to use google "translate.google" to understand some of our thems and words...
 Most of Yrv' here are 2000-2003 year birth, very interesting to see new YRV ::)
 So Welcome)))

Best YRV forum ever! Lots of info and great guys! Thanx for pointing me here! I am using google thanks!

Volvarine

« Reply #55 on: 30/12/09 »
Here is a foto of the engine bay

For Drv, here is a foto of the M75 valve, so that I can make the stock turbo boost higher than 1 bar, controlled by the Unichip

Volvarine

« Reply #56 on: 30/12/09 »
The water/meth injection - Price ZAR4500 including installation and tuning

Here is the bottle for the water/meth, it is where the stock air filter use to be.

I got my K&N cone filter under the driver's headlight just above the front wheel, nice cool area, I don't like the filter to be in the engine bay and sucking hot air.

the water/meth pump acitvate by the unichip on 0.8 bar and at +- 4500rpms, because if I do it earlier the engine doesn't want to rev cleanly

The nossle tapped into the boost pipe just before the intercooler, it can be put anywhere really as long as it is before the air temp sensor.
« Last Edit: 30/12/09 by Volvarine »

Offline aRise

• Почётный писатель
  • хороший был табурет
« Reply #57 on: 30/12/09 »
pretty car :)

Offline Drv

• Почётный писатель
« Reply #58 on: 30/12/09 »
Nice photos thank you !

When I asked regarding MAP, I meant Mass Air Pressure sensor, which is installed nearby the cooler (btw cooler and throttle). The problem is that this sensor could measure the range not higher than 1.05 bar. Therefore I wonder if unichip is using standard sensor or modified?

Rojer, for example, dealing with MAP fm another car (he found this sensor, brand new, with the price usd10, as far as I remember :) ), with the limitation up to 1.2bar together with E-manage. I prefer to stay with the stock one, because of old SAFC2. It is interesting how unichip is reading the pressure for fuel maps correction.

Volvarine

« Reply #59 on: 30/12/09 »
Nice photos thank you !

When I asked regarding MAP, I meant Mass Air Pressure sensor, which is installed nearby the cooler (btw cooler and throttle). The problem is that this sensor could measure the range not higher than 1.05 bar. Therefore I wonder if unichip is using standard sensor or modified?

Rojer, for example, dealing with MAP fm another car (he found this sensor, brand new, with the price usd10, as far as I remember :) ), with the limitation up to 1.2bar together with E-manage. I prefer to stay with the stock one, because of old SAFC2. It is interesting how unichip is reading the pressure for fuel maps correction.

oh ok! as far a I know the UniQ doesn't use the MAP, you connect the pressure hose directly to it so that it can map the fuel correctly, it takes the stock ecu maps and then you add say 10% more fuel as an example. The unichip is a piggyback that goes onto your cars ECU. I hope this answers your question.

Here is some info on the UniQ

The Unichip Q is classified as a “piggy back” computer. But it is the most advanced “piggy back” system in the world! Therefore we rather refer to it as a computer, with a mind of its own. The Uni Q and its software is a very clever combination. It is also tamperproof! The Uni Q has a 3 year warrantee and a 3 month money back guarantee.
The Uni Q gives us full control over the timing and mixture functions of electronically controlled vehicles at any RPM and LOAD point. Provided that our Technician/s (tuner/s) has been properly trained to do tuning, this is a very powerful package!  This gives us the ability to improve your vehicles fuel consumption when you are cruising, and to make sure that when you drive at full throttle, you have maximum power available. This is the general function of the Uni Q, there are MANY other features available with the Uni Q. There is also a Q+ version available with more input’s, output’s and internal drivers.

A typical Uni Q installation can be done within a day, leave the vehicle with us in the morning and collect it in the afternoon, (with appointment). The Uni Q gets wired into the harness of your factory fitted ECU. The process where we wire the Uni Q into the harness is very neat, professional and most of all reliable.  We then have to program the Uni Q while driving the vehicle on the Dynamometer, if we don’t program the Uni Q, it will remain full of zero values and the vehicle will be exactly the same as standard. This is one of the reasons why the Uni Q is such an advanced system, each and every car is tuned individually, the Uni Q is not a pre-programmed chip. Once we have completed this we will do a power run to see the results we got. After completing the tuning phase, we can add as many features and functions, with the Uni Q, to satisfy the customers needs.

Prices From Maus Conversions in JHB
Unichip Q: From R 2 086.20
Unichip Q+: From R 2 257.20
Removal of Road speed governor only: From R 1 500.00
Bluetooth Module: R 500.00
Map Set: From R 350.00 per map
Remove Unichip: R 200.00
Fit Unichip: From R 250.00

Features
Switch between map sets to see if your vehicle really is lighter on fuel!!!
Accel and Decel functions.
Lambda signal simulation.
Temperature controls.
5 DIFFERENT map sets including main.
Control any 0-5V signals. (1x 0-10V also)
Shift light.
Cam control.
Intercooler water spray.
Activities at certain road speeds.
Create road speed governor at any speed.
RPM limit.
Map throttle body system.
Compatible up to 25 400 RPM.
Up to 15 different load sites.
Firmware updates.
Control Can Bus signals.
Launch control.
Cat signal simulation.
Data logging.
Control timing and fuel signals.
Boost control.
Control manifold flap.
Modify cam timing.
Water injection.
Remove road speed governor.
Synced NOS injection.
Drive extra injectors.
Injector over driver.
Up to 24 different speed sites.
Signal clamp circuit.
Immobilizer (Far more advanced than any other after market immobilizer system).