Клубная движуха > International corner

are your YRV right or left steered?

(1/5) > >>

rainer:
Hy

On some of your pics from the Gallery I see that some YRV has the steeringwheel on the right side and some on the left side.

What's your ride? Left or Right steered?

azlok:
Question good!
In Russia right-hand movement.
But, 90%  YRV with the right rudder.
Because, Russia...

URAN:
Ha-ha-ha! I can explain it:

1. Russian peoples are not rich. Our own cars (VAZ, GAZ, etc.) are shitty. Generally we prefer to buy used cars from Europe, USA and Japan mainly.

2. Russia is too large. At the East side it has Japany, and Europe on the West. So, people from Russia`s East side prefer cars from Japan with steering wheel on the right side, and ones from West prefer cars with steering wheel on the left side.

It was not always, only recent 15 years I quess, after PERESTROIKA... when every people finally get ability to choose what to buy.

In Russia we have three old plants which are were built at their times with FIAT and FORD. It was very very long ago, 30-40 year ago. Now it the same manufactures, the same equipment, but they still produce cars which new are worst than used ones from Europe or Japan...

rainer:
Thanks Urban for your answer!

This must be great if you can import cars from Japan or europe. Is this easy for you to do??

Here in europe we have to pay for EVERYTHING it is so expensiv. So, in fact you cannot import a car from japan or elsewhere OUTSIDE europe. Our low's are very strictly about exhauststandardize and much more.

Japanese cars have a different exhauststandardize than speziall european versions.

You can verfy this by taking a look at the EFI-ECU, the are different between europe and japan :( :(

And a lot of cars are NOT avaiable for us, such as the Mira Gino (the older one) or the YRV Turbo 4WD.....

Was it possible for me to buy a car from russia and import this to austria or any other european country?
(and of course with papers for the shitty european democratie??)

URAN:
Really, I do not know if it possible to ship you a car or it's parts from Russia... Of course there some taxes for seller for exporting, and for you, as a buyer, for importing. Hard to say what these values are. Never did it.

For us, importing cars from Japan is not too cheep too. Actually, I should pay about double cost of cars price in Japan - delivery to seaport in Japan + custom taxes in Russia + delivery to Russia. As I know, Japan cars are importing to GB for example, so it means that their law not that hard as yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version